Everyone loves tacos. So, why not make taco bites for your Super Bowl 2024 watch party? These crunchy one-bite tacos are particularly satisfying because they come together in a matter of minutes, unlike the traditional recipe, and check all the flavor boxes. They are easy to make in large quantities, and the ingredients are far from complicated, making it a must-try item for the big game.
These crowd-pleasing Taco Cups are made with wonton wrappers in muffin tins to get that cup shape. They are then filled with wonderfully seasoned smokey ground beef and baked until the wrappers crisp up in the oven. So, if you are expecting a hungry crew for the Super Bowl get-together, this appetizer should be your pick. Game day has never been more fun — Taco Bites for the win!
- About 2 cups of lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend), shredded
- 24 wonton wrappers
- To make the crunchy taco bites for Super Bowl 2024, first, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously coat a standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and mix well.
- Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a wonton wrapper.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of taco mixture. Top with one tablespoon of cheese.
- Press down the first layer and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake taco bites in the oven for 11-13 minutes until the edges are golden and crunchy.
- Remove the taco bites from the oven, and serve them with a dip or a sauce for that extra punch of flavor at your Super Bowl party.
Here are a few things you can do to make the entire process easier. For starters, you can cook the beef a day before and store it in an airtight container till further use. Also, based on the size of your oven, use muffin pans with 12 or more cups to make as many taco bites as possible in a batch.
Moreover, you can alter the recipe to your liking. For instance, you can top the taco bites with mozzarella cheese if you or your guests prefer the same. Similarly, you can substitute beef with other meat or even mixed veggies. If you are making taco bites for your vegan friends, try out some combinations and seasonings beforehand to avoid last-minute experiments.
Lastly, you can skip the chilies for your kids or guests (if they don’t like spicy food). You can also use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones if you don’t have cans. Also, pre-prep the taco bites and throw them in the oven when your guests arrive for your Super Bowl party.
Serve them warm with dip/sauce, and see them vanish from your guests’ plates. They will surely love this crispy, crunchy, and cheesy taco bites. Once your Super Bowl party is over, don’t forget to let us know in the comment section below how you liked this recipe.