Valentine’s Day is a great day to indulge in a box of chocolates, but this year, let’s give kids something that isn’t sugary. Make it glittery instead to make up for the lack of sweet treats. Yes, we are talking about Valentine’s Day slime! Your munchkins will stay engaged for hours without troubling you while you prep your surprises for your partner on Valentine’s Day.
Coming from a fellow mom, your kids would also love to learn this quick DIY slime project to gift to their friends. This easy slime craft is perfect as a parent-child activity, and you can customize it for Valentine’s Day! Add a variety of pink/red glitter combinations to make something that will keep them entertained for hours.
Make sure you don’t use lip-shaped sprinkles. The color from the sprinkles will come off almost immediately when added to the slime. Stick with glitter unless you want to see white sprinkles throughout the slime.
- 1 cup water, filtered
- ½ cup Elmer’s washable glue (clear)
- ½ tsp borax powder
- Fine pink or red glitter
- Large pink or red glitter
- Spoons or popsicle sticks
- 2 small bowls
- To make the DIY slime for Valentine’s Day, take a bowl and combine ½ cup water and ½ cup glue. Mix well.
- Take another bowl and combine ½ cup water along with ½ tsp borax. Mix until the powder has dissolved.
- Keep mixing in the glitters in the glue mixture until you’ve reached your desired color.
- Mix the borax mixture with the glue and glitter mixture. It will thicken up instantly. However, keep mixing it until it no longer has a liquid consistency.
- Once you get the desired consistency, place it in a bowl and knead it with your hands until smooth. Your DIY slime for Valentine’s Day is ready to use.
- Lastly, if your kiddo wants to gift this to their friends on Valentine’s Day, divide it into small sections and put it in small plastic containers.
You can give them out as is by adding some printed washi tape or even a print-out that says something like “Happy Valen-SLIME’s Day!” If you are giving it in a container, you can decorate it with their names and some glitter. There is never too much glitter, so don’t hold back.
If you are making this DIY slime with your kids, make sure to cover the table or floor with a sheet to avoid damage from accidental spills. Also, as a precaution, wear gloves, especially if you or your munchkin have sensitive skin. So, get the materials and start working on this DIY slime for your little ones for Valentine’s Day. And do share their reaction with us in the comment section below.