Are you looking for quick DIY projects to make your house feel ready for Valentine’s Day? Then, try your hand at this easy-to-make chain of hearts. You can experiment with various materials like colored cardboard, felt paper, scrap fabric, scrapbook paper, or construction paper. You can also make the chain of hearts with newspapers and then paint them with different colors.
The best thing about this DIY project is that you can make a long or short chain depending on your space and time restrictions. If you have a larger area to cover, feel free to make a long chain that stretches across the entire room. You can keep the chain simple or decorate it with glitter, sequins, marker designs, etc. Moreover, to make your partner feel special on the 14th, you can write cute messages on each heart for your partner to read.
This DIY is so easy that even your kids can make them for their Valentine’s Day school party. It’s a great craft to make with your kids to spend some time together. So, without further ado, let’s make this adorable chain of hearts.
- Construction paper, in colors of your choice
- Clear tape
- Spray glue (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- To make this DIY chain of hearts, fold the paper in half and draw half of a heart along the fold. Once done, draw a smaller one inside the one you just drew.
- Cut the big heart out with the help of scissors.
- Then, cut along the smaller heart so you are left with a hollow heart-shaped cut-out when you open it.
- Repeat the same steps to make as many as you need in single or different colors.
- If your little one wants to provide texture and contrast to the paper garland, then use spray glue on a few of the hearts and sprinkle them with glitter. Shake off the excess, and you have sparkly hearts to add to your chain of hearts.
- To make the chain, cut a slit at the bottom of each heart.
- Thread the hearts through each other.
- After connecting the hearts, secure the slit with a small piece of tape at the back.
- Hang the chain of hearts with tape, no-damage picture hanging strips, or thumbtacks. You can also hang it by simply hooking the hearts at the ends of the chain over the corners of a framed mirror, artwork, or curtain rod.
Voila, your chain of hearts is ready for Valentine’s Day! Go ahead and get the materials, and make this DIY craft with your kids over the weekend and celebrate the day of love with your friends and family.