We all wish that we could tuck in to an extravagant home-cooked feast every night when sitting down for tea with the clan, preferably one prepared by a Masterchef skill-levelled butler named Geeves. Sadly, that’s not my current reality, and TBH finding the time and energy to make dinner is becoming a bit of a challenge.
So when I manage to whip up delicious recipe that I can prepare in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Neighbours, needless to say it quickly becomes a staple on the family dinner menu.
Case in point: this Creamy Chicken Carbonara, which is so tasty and easy to whip together with the help of Heinz’ handy new pasta sauce range that it basically feels like cheating (it’s not though. Totally counts.)
Smash it together in less than 30 minutes and enjoy the delish results. You are welcome, friends.
Full recipe is below. For more info on how to make delish and kid-friendly homemade meals using Heinz’ new pasta sauce range, head here.
Simple Creamy Chicken Carbonara
We all wish that we could tuck in to an extravagant home-cooked feast every night when sitting down for tea with the clan, preferably one prepared by a Masterchef skill-levelled…
- 400g chicken breast
- 6 rashers short cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic -crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 525g jar of Heinz Creamy Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- 200g dry fettuccine pasta
- Place the pasta into a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water - cook as per the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the bacon into small pieces and the chicken breast into strips.
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Add the bacon pieces, crushed garlic and chicken strips and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until the chicken pieces are brown.
- Add the Heinz Creamy Carbonara Pasta Sauce and stir through before allowing to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and add the pasta to your frying pan. Use a pair of tongs to toss the pasta through the sauce - serve immediately.