Shake things up with one of these real-couple date favorites:
1. Go on a scavenger hunt. Learn something new about your city. After a picnic in Pier a Park in Hoboken, New Jersey, Krista P., decided to surprise her husband with a scavenger hunt. The prize? Some beers at a local bar.
2. Play paintball. Relive your teen years, and beat stress. Erik M. from the Bronx, New York, says that he and his wife enjoy paintball double dates. “You wanna win, or at least zap your significant other,” he jokes.
3. Catch some laughs with improv. What’s better than a date filled with laughs? When Liz C. from North Andover, Massachusetts, and her husband saw a show, they were actually included in a skit (they had a friend in the cast). “It was a great way to relax and enjoy being a couple, not just parents,” she says.
4. Take a salsa class. It’s romantic — and you’ll get some exercise, too. John C. and his wife take a class once a week near their home in Long Island, New York. “It keeps the spark alive,” he says.
5. Sign up for trapeze classes. Talk about the ultimate adrenaline rush. “It’s beautiful and really thrilling,” adds Yuyi E, who took a class with her husband while in Los Angeles.
6. Go on a hot air balloon ride. It’s a thrill. Kima B. from Edgewater, New Jersey, and her husband of 8 years tried this date idea to conquer her fear of heights. “I was terrified at first, but once I got over the initial fear it was great,” she says.
What’s your favorite thing to do on date night?