The holiday flavor takeover begins! Gimme pumpkin spiced everything and all things apple pie, starting with these tasty pancakes. Topped with a pat of melted butter and warmed maple syrup, this breakfast makes any morning special and kicks off Thanksgiving morning with style.
Last week we chatted over pumpkin bread with caramel glaze about keeping fall flavors fresh and exciting. Well, here’s a fun recipe for apples that’s perfect for the holiday season. It turns the best—and healthiest—parts of apple pie into a breakfast that will surely put smiles on your family’s faces.
And, if you serve it on Thanksgiving morning, you’ll get to start and end the day with apple pie deliciousness. Hello—best day of the year!
For best results, use homemade pancake mix. For every cup of pancake mix, add the following along with all of the other ingredients called for by the package or recipe:
- 1 cup ¼“ diced, peeled apple (about 1 small)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Combine pancake mix with the ingredients called for on the package or by the recipe, adding apples, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Cook as directed. Serve topped with butter and maple syrup.