Add this sauce to your favorite pasta or rice and you'll have a delicious, complete lunch or dinner.
Do my boys like this one? Well, one of them does! Please let me know if yours do, too!
- Olive oil for the pan
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bunch roughly chopped Black Kale
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4 to 6
Total Prep and Cooking Time:
Coat a large saute pan with olive oil. Place the pan over medium heat with the onion and garlic. Cook until the onions begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Then add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes. It will likely become stuck to the bottom of the pan, and that's ok! Add the kale and cook until it wilts, about 3 minutes. Pour in the wine and tomatoes and increase the heat to high. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Finish the sauce with the sugar and the cheese and then season to taste with salt and pepper.