- fabric paint (in any colors you choose)
- foam brush
- 1 sheet cardboard (that can fit inside the tote bag)
- circle punch
- small piece flimsy cardboard (from a cracker or cereal box)
- plain canvas or cloth tote bag
Step 1: Punch a hole in your flimsy cardboard using your circle hole punch. You may have to put some weight into it!
Step 2: Insert your sheet of cardboard into the tote to keep the paint from seeping through to the back and onto your table.
Step 3: Place your flimsy cardboard circle over an area on the tote and use your fingers to hold the cardboard in place. Put a little paint on the brush and paint away! Dab the paint brush instead of blobbing or swishing; this will prevent drips. Let kids choose their own pattern to pain the polka dots. Do one color first, and then switch to other colors if you want!
Step 4: Let it dry and you’re done! Give it to Mom as a special gift.
Looking for more homemade Mother’s Day gifts?
- Gingered Lemon Curd
- Polka-Dot Bouquet Wrapper
- Colorful Chalkcloth Gift Tags
- DIY Sleep Mask
- Watercolor Paper Flower Bouquet
- 6 Homemade Gifts for Mother’s Day
Find more DIYs from Kersey Campbell at ARDOR.