I love creating light and refreshing pasta salads that are delicious served warm or at room temperature. They're great for a cozy meal at home or perfect picnic fare nicer days. This Pasta Salad with Asparagus, Zucchini, and Feta recipe is chock-ful of veggies and tossed in a light and refreshing lemon and honey vinaigrette. It's colorful, tasty and satisfying. The perfect lunch for your family and friends.
penne with asparagus, zucchini, and feta recipe
This pasta salad with asparagus, zucchini, and feta recipe is colorful, tasty and satisfying.
- penne pasta: 1 pound
- small zucchini, cut into ½ inch pieces: 1
- asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces: 1
- small red onion, finely diced: ½
- grape tomatoes, halved: ¾ cup
- feta cheese, crumbled: 6 ounces
- large lemon, juiced (for dressing): 1
- honey (for dressing): 1 tablespoon
- salt (for dressing): ¾ teaspoon
- black pepper (for dressing): ½ teaspoon
- extra virgin olive oil (for dressing): ⅓ cup
- parsley, finely chopped (for dressing): ¼ cup
Step 1: Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
Step 2: Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. 5 minutes before it is done, drop asparagus and zucchini into the water.
Step 3: Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the veggies from the pasta water and plunge them into the ice water bowl to stop the cooking. Drain pasta.
Step 4: In a large bowl gently toss together pasta, asparagus, zucchini, red onion, tomatoes, and feta.
Step 5: In a small bowl (or mason jar with lid) combine lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper olive oil, and parsley. Whisk until dressing is well combined or place the lid onto the mason jar and shake until dressing emulsifies. Pour over pasta salad, toss gently and serve at room temperature or chill up to one day in advance.