It’s always nice to let your partner, kids, and even extended family know they’re special to you. And a special Valentine’s Day dinner is the perfect way to show them just how much you love them. That is why we have some family-friendly heart-shaped recipes for Valentine’s Day that will be a hit with kids and adults alike.
You can serve these bite-sized meatloafs along with yummy strawberry muffins to celebrate Cupid’s Day with your loved ones. The heart-shaped recipes add an extra oomph to your mealtime on Valentine’s Day, with the delicious dishes further elevating your celebrations.
Savory Heart-Shaped Mini Meatloafs
- 2 cups of lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground beef, egg, flour, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a medium bowl and mix by hand (or with a fork) until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a heart-shaped mini muffin pan so it is level with the top of each cavity.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cooked mini heart-shaped meatloaf cool for a few minutes, remove them from the pan, and serve warm with ketchup on the side.
Sweet Heart-Shaped Strawberry Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar until well combined and light in color.
- Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the egg, milk, and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Once all of the ingredients come together, fold in the strawberries. Don’t over-mix the batter. Gently fold in the strawberries for fluffy muffins.
- Spray heart-shaped muffin pans with cooking spray with added flour.
- Fill each heart-shaped muffin cup about ⅔ full with the batter.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Once the muffins are baked, let them cool in the cups for some time. Finally, flip them onto a wired rack to cool completely.
Voila, your main dish and sweet treat are ready for V-Day breakfast/lunch/dinner. You can also experiment with the meatloaf recipe this Valentine’s Day by adding some cheese into the mix. Moreover, you can ask your kids to fill the tray with strawberry muffin batter for parent-child bonding time. The little ones will surely love to help you in the kitchen.
For an added punch, serve the heart-shaped mini meatloaf with a spicy and creamy dip and strawberry muffins with a dollop of cream and a hint of strawberry jam on top. Your kids and partner will fall in love with you all over again.
So, make these two heart-shaped recipes this Valentine’s Day, and let us know how they turned out in the comment section below.