Here are some ideas to help get you through:
- Benadryl Resolve Strips – Especially good if you’ve built up a tolerance to other over the counter allergy drugs. Within ten minutes, they clear up the watery eyes and runny nose. And they don’t have those sleepy side effects of regular Benadryl.
- Zaditor – Great for watery eyes, which are often the result of an infection spawned by allergies.
- Local Honey – Make sure it’s honey from your area and change the flavors frequently so different pollens are brought into your body.
- Vitamin A, C, and D – This combination has really helped. After talking to a naturopath recently, though, it might be the miracle of Vitamin D that is helping. I get a tincture at the health food store and put a few drops in water each morning.
And some tips for the home:
- Wash your bedding every week in hot water to reduce pollen in your home.
- Also shower and wash your hair before bedtime, since pollen can accumulate in the hair. This seemed to really help my son.
- Keep windows closed to reduce pollen entering your house.
- Change filters in air conditioning units and vents frequently this time of year.
Have any great tips that have worked for you? For all the seasonal allergy sufferers in the world, PLEASE SHARE!