Do you love the fresh smell of a clean home but lack the time and ability to freshen it up as often as you’d like to? Seems to be a common issue among busy moms. My house smells sometimes. It’s the kids, and the sports equipment and the pets and sometimes my husband! But I hate the artificial smell of air fresheners. I often use essential oils and diffuse fresh scents but I’ve found another way to use essential oils to freshen my home without having to constantly use my diffusers: DIY essential oil fragrance stones. With only four ingredients, they are easy to make and much more affordable than constantly burning candles or diffusing oils.
How To Make DIY Essential Oil Fragrance Stones
What You Need:
- Essential Oils (my favorite scents: lemon, peppermint, lavender, citrus)
- Start with a cup of flour, 1/4 cup of water of boiling water, tsp of salt, and 25-30 drops of essential oil and then add more of any ingredient it seems like you need to form a dough-like ball.
- Combine dry ingredients first in a bowl. Then add boiling water and whisk immediately. Once you have a good consistency add the drops of essential oils.
- Once your’e sure the dough is cool enough, knead together well by hand.
- Pinch off enough to roll into a small ball. Lay out to dry on parchment paper. Repeat until dough is used up or wrap remaining amount in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days to make more as needed.
- Once the “stones” are completely dry to can arrange a grouping in a small bowl and place where needed: bathroom, bedside table, kitchen counter — wherever needs a little freshening!