Never underestimate the appeal of Classic Snickerdoodles. I’ve never served a plate of these without them being snatched up in minutes.
These are one of those holiday cookies that really stand the test of time, so here is my favorite recipe for Snickerdoodles. I prefer to use all butter because it keeps the cookies nice and soft. I also roll them in a generous amount of sugar and cinnamon to give them that true Snickerdoodle look and taste. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar, butter and eggs. Then stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined.
3. Pinch the dough into 1 1/2 round balls. Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and roll each dough ball in it.
4. Place the balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes, or until set.