servings: 16 mini sandwiches
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
total time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices sturdy white bread
- ½ cup pesto genovese sauce (I used store-bought)
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
Step 1: Place bread slices onto a flat surface. Spread 8 of the slices with pesto sauce.
Step 2: Evenly distribute mozzarella, tomato, and basil leaves on top of each of the pesto dressed slices. Top each sandwich with remaining slices of bread.
Step 3: Spray each panini with cooking spray on both sides.
Step 4: Preheat two large skillets over medium heat.
Step 5: Place two panini into each skillet. Use a second heavy skillet to press down the top of the panini to help the sandwiches brown and the cheese melt. Cook panini until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Step 6: Remove panini from skillet. Cut crusts off of panini and cut each into 4 triangles. Serve warm.
Want more Appetizer Recipes?
- Asparagus Pastry Sticks with Lemon Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Pecan Cranberry Encrusted Goat Cheese Balls Recipe
- Spicy Mediterranean Feta Dip Recipe
- Pesto-Dipped Boconcinni Bites
- Fig Almond Filled Prosciutto Cups Recipe
- Apricot Cranberry Brie Hors D’Oeuvres Recipe
- Easy Parmesan Cheese Straws
- Pesto Tomato Crostinis
- Classic Deviled Eggs recipe
- Loaded Nacho Bites
- Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe