prep time/work time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour
total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- olive oil for the pan
- ½ cup yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup turnips, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
Step 3: Add the carrots, parsnips and turnips to the pot and cook until they are beginning to brown (about 10 minutes).
Step 4: Add the pear and stock; bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook until the vegetables are tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
Step 5: Turn the heat off and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s very smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Want more Thanksgiving Recipes?