A delicious dinner of super simple spice rubbed salmon is just the thing for a quick and easy weeknight meal that is healthy too.
For the cook there is nothing better (or easier!) than stirring together some tasty spices, rubbing it on salmon and popping it in the oven to bake. Once you get used to the method, feel free to mix up your own herb and spice selections to create new flavors and levels of heat!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Brush the top of them salmon with olive oil and rub with the spice mixture.
2. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Bake the salmon skin side down 30 – 40 minutes, or until it is cooked through.