A lot of us are conditioned to consider sex to be a pre-bed thing — and it can be. But it doesn’t have to be. In fact, there’s lots of reasons to consider getting it on in the morning.
Getting frisky in the morning simply makes sex better. Not only can you take advantage of testosterone levels and morning wood but the endorphins help to ensure that you’ll start the day in a good mood, says Dr. Jess, Astroglide’s resident sexologist. Plus, six more other enticing reasons:
1. It sets a positive tone for the day. It’s a great way to set the day, starting off on the right foot with your man by immediately getting connected, says dating expert Laurel House. If you’re tired and “not in the mood” in the mornin but your man naturally wakes up excited, let him take you from behind. Lay on your side, his arms wrapping around your body to hold you close, as he presses inside you from behind.
2. It makes you prettier. For real. You will not only be rewarded with an orgasm to start your day, but shiny hair and skin as a result of DHEA and the natural sex glow that promotes circulation, says Dr. Jess.
3. It keeps you healthy. There may be random people coughing and sneezing on the subway during your morning commute — but it won’t be you. Having sex gives you a stronger immune system due to increased levels of immunoglobulin-A, says Dr. Jess.
4. It keeps you in the moment. “Since your mind has been shut off for the last several hours you’re not distracted by thoughts of social media, office politics and your to-do list. You’re in your body and in the moment, allowing you to release into your sensual side,” says Katrina “Rainsong” Messenger.
5. It reboots your body. You may have been on the down slope of a systems check. During sleep, your body runs through the cycle of arousal several times, says Messenger, so if you happen to wake up during one of those cycles, your body has already started some of the foreplay for you!
6. It’s a chance to continue that naughty dream. You may have been dreaming about sex. While sex dreams are not always about sex — nor are they connected with the body getting aroused while asleep — waking up from a sexy reverie can certainly set the mood!
7. It’s when he’s most horny. Men have hormonal cycles too and their cycles change throughout the day, says Messenger. For many men testosterone is highest in the morning (between 4 and 6 am). Coupled with being well-rested and relaxed, that testosterone boost can lead to a seriously hot wake-up call!
More from Your Tango:
- Sex Positions Men Love
- Yes, You Should Always Have Sex With Your Hubby Whenever He Wants It
- Yes, You Can Have Phone Sex Like a Sexy, Self-Assured Pro