I get to work at 5 a.m. In the afternoon, I pick up my kids, cook dinner, and do the whole bath- and bedtime routine. Although my new gig (more on that when I can announce it!) is my dream job, I’m exhausted during the day from getting up so early. And with three kids, there’s not much time to rest after work. So, I’ve discovered that it’s more important than ever to take good care of myself. Here are the tips and tricks I swear by to stay happy and healthy.
1. Drink lots of water. I try to drink half my body weight in water every day, since water affects the health of my digestion, hair, skin, nails, and so much more.
2. Take alkalizing greens every morning. I love the Super Elixir by WelleCo. It gives me lots of energy.
3. Get plenty of vitamins. In addition to my multi-vitamin, I take vitamins specifically for my nails, skin, and hair. I’m 43 and I’m noticing a bit of hair thinning—but taking vitamins specifically for my hair has really helped.
4. Exfoliate your skin. When you slough off that top layer of skin and get off all those dead skin cells it takes years off of your skin. I feel so refreshed and my skin is glowing.
5. Use sunscreen every day. This is huge. It’s so important to take care of your skin!
6. Concealer and tinted lip gloss works wonders. So does my eyelash curler. Love it all day long.
7. Get digestion in order. I take digestive enzymes during meals and I take a strong probiotic before I go to bed. Since starting this regimen, I’ve definitely lost a few pounds!
8. Follow a solid sleep routine. I take a shower, get in bed, put a little lavender oil on my pillow, and read before going to sleep. I’ve also cut out TV and other electronics, as well as sugar, right before bed.
Related: Q&A: Ali Landry Fills Us In
Photo: Ali Landry/Instagram