serves: 4 – 6
- 1 pound shell shaped pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 pounces of prosciutto, cut into thin strips (ribbons)
Step 1: Prepare a large bowl of ice water and set aside.
Step 2: Bring salted water to a boil for pasta.
Step 3: Using a steamer and a pot, steam the asparagus spears covered for 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus to ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain asparagus and pat dry.
Step 4: In a food processor, pulse asparagus, nuts, almonds, garlic, salt, pepper, cheese and lemon zest until coarsely chopped. Then, with the processor running, stream in olive oil. Process until smooth.
Step 5: Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water on the side and drain pasta.
Step 6: Add pasta and reserved water to the bowl with the pesto. Toss to coat and top with prosciutto ribbons before serving.
Want more pasta recipes?
- Spring Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
- Roasted Tomatoes Sausage & Ricotta Pasta Recipe
- Easy Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Gluten-Free Baked Beef and Gruyere Penne Recipe
- Swiss Chard Sweet Potato Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe
Find more recipes from Christina Stanley-Salerno at Take Back Your Table.