- large monogram of your choice (find one at the craft store or your local dollar store)
- 1 – 2 skiens of yarn in pumpkin color
- 1 skien (or scrap) of white yarn
- hot glue gun (Note: never let children near this)
- a few plastic spiders
Step 1: Find a corner in your letter and tye the pumpkin colored yarn to the corner.
Step 2: Wrap and wrap and wrap. Kids can help with this! Keep the tension fairly tight and keep pushing the yarn close together to thoroughly cover the cardboard.
Step 3: Once the letter is completely covered, turn it over on the backside. Tie a piece of the white yarn so it runs straight across your letter. Make sure to tie a knot on each end os the white yarn and and keep it fairly tight.
Step 4: Repeat this process 3 more times to create the spokes of your web.
Step 5: Apply a dot of hot glue on each spoke so it doesn't slip around.
Step 6: Take a long piece of white yarn (about 30-inches) and tie a knot right in the middle of all the spokes, leaving a long tail to use for the web.
Step 7: To make the web, bring the long piece of yarn down and around the adjacent spoke, loop it behind nad back over the spoke to the next one. Continue all the way around the web.
Step 8: Once you have one row complete, make another row just outside it.
Step 9: Flip the letter over and attach the spooky spiders.
Step 10: You can even hang one of the spiders from the long piece of white yarn.
Want more Halloween crafts?
- 10 Crafts to do with Kids
- Scratch-Off Pumpkins DIY Craft
- Rock Ghosts DIY Craft
- Sparkly Spider Treat Cups DIY Craft
- Orange Pumpkin Decor DIY Craft
- Chalkboard Pumpkins DIY Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Lanterns DIY Craft
- Pinecone Witch Crafts
- Candy Cornballs DIY Craft
- Halloween Luminaries DIY Craft
- Jack-Be-Little Spider and Bat DIY Craft