SaJiDao Handmade Nesting Dolls
These classic nesting dolls are about to make you feel a bit old, somewhat nostalgic, and a bit impatient because you're going to be itching to set them up around your house.
Find on Amazon
Everyone can agree that the best material for nesting dolls is wood. This 5-piece nesting doll set from SaJiDao is perfect for kids or teens, and it will be a part of your family for decades with proper care. Not even its smaller link will pose a choking hazard for kids, so you can feel more calm knowing it’s a safe bet right off the bat. Each piece is also hand-painted, so its colors definitely stand out from other options in the market. Whether you’re looking for a decoration gift or something that can make learning a fun experience, this nesting doll set is your best option.
- Made of high-quality, long-lasting wooden materials.
- Perfect for gifts, decorative accents, and more.
- Includes five different sizes that don’t pose a choking hazard.
- Because these are handmade nesting dolls, sometimes the pieces don’t fit properly after use.
- The smallest piece doesn’t open.
Maxshop Cute Nesting Dolls
You're definitely not the only one who's noticed the whole animal-themed nursery thing that's been going on. Well, hop on the bandwagon with these animal-inspired nesting dolls.
Find on Amazon
Are your kids obsessed with animals? Maybe you’re planning on decorating their room with an animal theme, or you’ve simply noticed that they love going to the zoo all the time. These animal-themed nesting dolls can help you gain points with your kids. Boasting five different animals – a pig, monkey, tiger, bear, and a bear – this is the cutest animal collection in town. Each animal has a hand-painted design both on the front and backside. This one is perfect as a gift for a little one or as decor in your kid’s bedroom. Each nesting doll opens in half to hold items if you’d like, such as jewelry, candies, and more.
- Made of all-natural wood covered with eco-friendly and odorless paint that’s safe for kids.
- Perfect for gifts, decorations, and more.
- It features a curved design that’s easy to grasp and open without requiring too much force.
- The thin wood can get cracked easily when children play with the figures.
BestPysanky Unpainted Wooden Nesting Dolls
If you're out of ideas of fun activities to try with the kids while you're at home, why not try creating customized nesting dolls with them?
Find on Amazon
Put on your creative hats, because these unpainted wooden nesting dolls have the opportunity to become unique and truly stand out from the rest. Paint these with your favorite colors, themes, and more. This set from BestPysanky is perfect for anyone who wants to have a bit of fun with a different type of arts and craft project. These are a great idea to have fun with the kids at home. Let them decorate their nesting dolls however they want – nothing is off-limits. Since these have no outlines or markings at all, you can truly let your creative juices flow and paint them however you like.
- Unpainted wooden dolls have no outlines or guidelines, so you can create whatever style you want.
- The set comes with five different-sized nesting dolls.
- Made from soft wood that’s perfect to use with various types of paints.
- You have to use some primer paint before decorating for the paint to stick on better.
- Not all types of paint or other materials like markers work on the wood.
Starxing Russian Nesting Dolls
We couldn't possibly talk about nesting dolls without bringing out the original Russian doll. These are an adorable accent to any gallery wall, living room coffee table, or maybe an intriguing decorative piece by the studio.
Find on Amazon
Nothing beats the classic, and these Russian nesting dolls are no exception. Get this unique decorating gift with the traditional Russian matryoshka nesting doll set from Starxing. With seven wood pieces, these are one of the most complete sets out there. Use them as decorative pieces or have fun with your kids while improving their motor skills as they unstack, stack again, and take the dolls apart. Made of linden wood with paint materials that are safe for children, these Russian nesting dolls might be the perfect gift for young families.
- Made from polished linden wood with high-grade, eco-friendly paint that’s odorless and safe to use with children.
- Exquisite front and backside design to look adorable no matter which angle you look at them from.
- Painted with vibrant colors to enhance and promote kid’s color sensitivity.
- The smallest size can pose a choking risk for small kids, so you’ll have to supervise them while they use these
Freneci Ducks Nesting Dolls
These adorable-looking ducks are the perfect learning toy for your children or (or as a gift for someone else's). Also, when they're not in use, they make for fabulous decorative pieces.
Find on Amazon
Nesting dolls are great decorative pieces. They also serve as interactive games for kids that promote their motor skills, and they’re a great gift for people of all ages. These duck-inspired nesting dolls are a fun gift for the little ones in the family. Made from ultra-soft wood, these hand-painted dolls are a must-have around the house. The set includes ten different sizes, so you can spread them around the house and have your kids look for all the pieces for a fun family game. Plus, each piece closes on its own and has space for a small treat, so this could be a fun treasure hunt activity. After you’re done, you can still place them in your room for decorations.
- Made from high-quality wooden materials and hand-painted.
- The set comes with ten different pieces that fit perfectly inside each other.
- The curved design makes it easy to hold and open without too much force.
- The smallest sizes can pose a choking risk for small kids.
- Only one side has a painted-design.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of nesting dolls?
Nesting dolls can be used for many things. For example, they’re great to teach children about math as they start to count how many dolls they have. They’re also supposed to help improve kid’s fine motor skills as they stack and unstack the dolls. Nesting dolls have been around for over 130 years and are still quite popular today.
What is the story behind Russian nesting dolls?
It all started when a Russian monk purchased a 7-piece set in Japan and brought it back to Russia. A local craftsman, Sergei Maliutin, decided to create a version of the set, but tweaked it so that it reflected his culture. It quickly became a hit, and the rest is history.
What is the difference between Matryoshka and Babushka?
In Western cultures, the Matryoshka doll is often called a Babushka doll. However, the word Matryoshka is a diminutive form of the Russian female name, “Matryona.” On the other hand, Babushka means “grandmother” or “older woman” in Russian. Nonetheless, both names are used interchangeably by most stores that sell the classic nesting dolls.