O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
The O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop is a new take on the classic. You get the scrubbing power of the traditional mop with the convenience of new technology. The mop is rinsed in the bucket and then put into the built-in wringer to get out the excess moisture. You can easily control how much water makes it to the floor.
After you mop your floors just throw the mop head into the washing machine for simple maintenance. When the mop head seems like it has had too much, you just replace it. Check out the pros and cons so you can decide if this mop is right for you.
- The built-in wringer allows you to decide how wet you need the mop
- You can replace the mop head if it becomes damaged or can’t be washed
- The set comes with the mop head, stick, and bucket with built-in wringer for a great price
- The microfiber mop head cleans up any mess and fits into tiny corners
- There is a splash guard so you won’t make more mess
- This mop is smaller than average so it can take longer to clean the floors
- The whole mop and mop bucket system can be cumbersome to carry room to room
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
When the cold and flu season fall upon us, you want the power of steam to keep everyone healthy.
Find on Amazon
Nothing cleans and sanitizes better than steam, and Bissell is a well-known brand in the cleaning industry. Use this mop without any cleaning solutions. The steam itself will kill 99.9% of all germs and bacteria all by itself so you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals coming into contact with your kids or pets.
This steam mop has a swivel head, several steam settings, an extra-long cord, and more. You can’t beat the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop when you need to get your house deep cleaned. Here are some pros and cons.
- It actually sanitizes without the use of harsh chemicals
- You can get scented discs if you like fresh scents
- The cord is long enough to allow you to clean the entire area without needing to unplug and move
- It gets rid of viruses and bacteria
- This mop comes with several pad options
- It costs more than most mops
- You don’t get the clean smell and feel that detergents leave behind when you mop
Swiffer WetJet Spray Mop Starter Kit
For an affordable and convenient floor cleaning option, you can't beat this.
Find on Amazon
The Swiffer WetJet Spray Mop is a well-known convenient stick mop that allows you to quickly mop up messes without the hassle of a cord or bucket. You just squeeze the trigger to release some of the Swiffer cleaning solution and mop up the mess. The cleaning pads are disposable. Just throw it in the trash when you finish and stick a new one on.
The Swiffer WetJet is great for most surfaces and allows you to get a quick, yet thorough clean throughout your home. It is hard to beat the convenience of this mop. Let’s look at the pros and cons.
- It is convenient to just grab and go while cleaning
- The cleaning solutions all smell fresh and clean well
- There are several pad and cleaning solution options to match your floor type
- You won’t need a cord or a bucket
- The WetJet is affordable
- There are a few floor types that the WetJet can damage, for example, waxed wooden floors
- This mop does not provide as deep of a clean as some of the other options
Mr. Siga Professional Microfiber Mop
Get the convenience of a stick mop without the need for disposable refills.
Find on Amazon
The Mr. Siga Professional Microfiber Mop is a versatile mop that does so much more than clean your floors. The microfiber pads that come with this stick mop work great for mopping, waxing, dusting, and more. There isn’t much this mop can’t do. You can even use it to clean the tiles in your shower that are too high to reach and get the cobwebs from the corners.
One great thing about this mop is that it is eco-friendly. Just throw the microfiber pad into the washer and dryer and you can put it back onto your mop. You can get additional microfiber pads when you want to so you can have one for each use. Check out these pros and cons.
- This mop is convenient to use since you don’t need buckets, cords, or batteries
- It works as a sweeper, mop, duster, and more all in one
- It is affordable
- This mop is more earth-friendly than other convenience mops
- You can easily change the pads with the simple clip system
- You need to physically spray your cleaner onto the floor because this mop has no way to spray
- Microfiber pads can cling to lint and fuzzies in the dryer
Tethys Flat Floor Mop and Bucket Set
Get a professional quality mop at an affordable price when you choose this option.
Find on Amazon
The Tethys Flat Floor Mop and Bucket Set is an innovative system that allows you to easily control how much water and cleaning solution you use while cleaning your floors. The bucket has a built-in groove that squeezes out water from the flat mop head until it is only as wet as you want it. In addition, the stick itself can be drastically extended to allow you to use it for more than mopping.
When fully extended, the mop can reach ceilings and walls so you can easily clean it all. Go from ceiling to walls to floors to give your home a deep clean. Change the water as often as needed, and switch out the washable pads as needed. This is a great system for a great price. Here are the pros and cons.
- It is very affordable
- You can make the handle shorter or linger based on your needs
- The pads are washable
- There is a 1-year warranty
- You can choose how wet you want the pad to be
- You will need to get more pads because this set only includes two
- You have to add and remove pieces to extend it and make it shorter which can get annoying
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I mop?
How often you mop will depend on how busy your home is. If you live alone and you aren’t hiking daily you will probably only need to mop once a week or so. However, if you have 3 kids and several pets you may want to mop daily.
What type of mop is best?
The type of mop that is best is whatever type of mop works for you. Mops with buckets tend to work better for deep cleaning and really scrubbing germs out. Steam mops are best for sanitizing. Stick mops are our favorite for quick clean-ups. Choose the one that works for you, and remember, it is ok to have more than one type for more than one situation.
Which cleaners should I use?
The type of cleaners you use will be based on your mop. Some mops, such as the Swiffer WetJet, have their own specific cleaning solutions. Others, like the spin-mop, allow you to mix whatever you want into the water in the bucket.