Easy Chicken Fried Rice
The MOST delish way to use up your leftovers for a yummy family dinner.
- canola oil: 3 tablespoons
- red onion, finely chopped: 2 tablespoons
- garlic, minced: 1 large clove
- leftover veggies of any kind, finely chopped (I used carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers.): 1½ cups
- leftover cooked white rice (I like to use jasmine.): 2 cups
- eggs, beaten: 2 large
- soy sauce: ¼ cup
- leftover chicken, diced small: ¾ cup
- parsley or scallions: to garnish (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Step 2: Add in onions, garlic, and chopped veggies. Sautee just until you start to smell the aroma of the onions and garlic, about 1 minute.
Step 3: Add the rice to the pan, and stir to combine.
Step 4: Make a well in the center of the rice, and pour in the eggs. Stir constantly to cook eggs. Once the eggs have cooked through, stir them into the rice.
Step 5: Pour in soy sauce and stir in chicken. Garnish with scallions/parsley and enjoy.
More Chicken Recipes: