Are you a fan of chocolate and coconut? This easy recipe for Martha White® Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars is a great alternative to cookies this holiday season. Just mix up the chocolate chip muffin mix, layer in the nuts and coconut, bake, and cut into bars. You can add these chocolate chip coconut bars to a holiday cookie tray, or trade them in your neighborhood cookie exchange. They also make a wonderful addition your Christmas dessert buffet! Check out the recipe, courtesy of Martha White, below.
Chocolate Coconut Bars
These easy baked bars from Martha White® boast rich chocolate and sweet coconut, making them the perfect holiday dessert.
- Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix: 2 packages
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray: as needed
- butter, softened: 6 tablespoons
- sweetened, flaked coconut: 1½ cups
- salted peanuts, chopped: 1 cup (you can substitute another type of nut, if desired)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: 1 ounces
Step 1: Heat oven to 350º F. Coat 13 x 9 inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Combine muffin mix and butter in large bowl; stir until completely blended. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle coconut and nuts over crust. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
Step 3: Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool; cut into bars.
*This post was sponsored by Martha White.