We love special breakfasts for the holidays and everyone always bounces out of bed fresh and happy when they know pancakes are on the menu too.
Starting the day with a cute hot breakfast is always a welcomed idea and I love making these cool yogurt pancakes for my daughter sometimes for special occasions. For Valentine’s this year, I’ll even top them with cool pink sprinkles for a festive touch. Healthy and fun, these are a great way to start the day!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder1
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
1. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the egg, yogurt and oil. Fold this into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
3. In a small skillet melt a pat of butter and dollop the pancake batter into the skillet once the butter is melted and bubbling. Cook the pancakes until they are bubbling on top, then flip and cook until both sides are light brown. Repeat.