Easter is coming up and with that comes Easter Brunch. Easter Brunch is such a great time to get together with your family and friends to celebrate the holiday.
Brunch tends to also be slightly less formal and easier to put together than a several course, sit down meal. When I am asked to bring something to a brunch, I like to turn to quick breads. Muffins, loaves of bread and coffee cakes are perfect for an Easter brunch. I personally love the combination of Bananas and Citrus in this Banana Orange Mini Loaf recipe. The flavor of the fresh bananas combined with the tang of the citrus are a definite springtime treat sure to be a hit at any brunch. However you chose to spend the Easter holiday, we hope you are surrounded by family, friends and delicious food! Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar, oil and eggs in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in bananas and orange juice.
- Combine the dry ingredients then add to banana mixture, beating just until moistened.
- Pour into 4 mini loaf pans sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350• for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.