This weekend marks the unofficial end of summer. To help you make the most of it, we’ve rounded up 5 of our favorite outdoor activities. These are great ways to get the family playing outside (while you still can).
- Water Balloon Target Practice – Water balloons are classic summer fun. Rachelle had the brilliant idea of adding in a sidewalk-chalk target. Not only does this promote hand-eye coordination, it may even prevent you from getting drenched.
- Backyard Campout – A few weeks ago we told you about The Great American Backyard Campout. Last weekend my 2 year old and hubby tried it. They had a great time roasting hot dogs, making s’mores, and reading bedtime stories under the stars.
- Outdoor Color Match Game – This activity will encourage your little ones to be more observant of nature while helping them learn their colors too.
- Flower Petal Stained Glass Door – The final product of this project will actually be indoors but you have to go outside to collect all the materials. Plus the end result is stunning.
- Playing Marbles – This detailed primer on how to play the game promises marbels are, “the most compact outdoor toy ever! Just about everyone can play and it requires minimal adult direction but you’ll want to play anyway.”