Last week, after warning you about the top five children shows guaranteed to drive you crazy, I received a few emails about the good children's shows out there.
To keep it all in balance, I thought I share my top five children shows that you'll watch without the kids.
Because you know it happens.
5. Backyardigans – While I'm not sure what, exactly, Uniqua is and I've never seen a blue penguin, this show rocks. Literally. The characters can do a song and dance number to rival any musical. And the best part? Their adventures all take place in the own backyards using only their imaginations.
4. Oswald – I don't know what it is about this blue octopus, but this show is better than valium. No matter how amped up the kids are, Oswald will calm them down.
3. Yo Gabba Gabba – This is one of those love/hate shows. As in, you either love it or you hate it. I love it. The musical guests are fantastic, the songs catchy and the characters weird. What's not to like? I know you're singing "There's a Party in my Tummy" right now.
2. Phineas and Ferb – The first time I saw this Disney cartoon, I sat bemused as Perry the Platypus became a secret agent and the boys built a rollercoaster that went around the moon. But then I was hooked. Between the boys' wild ideas, Candace's typical teenage drama, Ferb's dry one liners and the fast pace of the show, I can't get enough.
1. Seasame Street – Do I even have to explain this one? It's THE children's show. It was my favorite as a little girl and is my favorite again. Too bad they had to bring in that red guy, Elmo.
There are my top five kids' shows. Do you have any others to add to the list?