While Valentine's Day is nice for reminding us to do something extra special for our loved ones, I think it is better to let it inspire us to show our love in little ways, every day. Here are twenty little ways to celebrate with your family every day, not just Valentine's Day.
- Leave little hearts in places they will find them.
- Put notes in their lunches (for your kids and spouse).
- Forgive them when they make a mistake.
- Make heart-shaped pancakes for family breakfast.
- Hold hands.
- Plan a special one-on-one date with each child individually, and a date night with your partner.
- Comfort them, even when what they're upset about seems silly to you.
- Make their favorite snack or dessert heart-shaped.
- Have family cuddle time.
- Give them a card for no reason.
- Draw hearts and notes in steamy shower doors or mirrors for your family to find.
- Put a surprise under their pillow.
- Offer hugs and kisses for no reason.
- Put away all of your devices for one day and give them your undivided attention.
- Give them extra praise for something they did well or did for you.
- Be silly together and show them how happy they make you.
- Cook or take them out for their favorite meal.
- Ask them, "Do you know how much I love you?"
- Let the little things go—try not to nag or be negative for an entire day.
- Tell them you love them.
What are your favorite ways to show your family love? Do you do anything creative or extra special?
More Ideas for Sharing the Love: