Bored of the same old skinny jeans and boots? Luckily, there’s a new denim look on the horizon for spring—printed denim. This season, mini hearts, animal, tribal, ikat, and geometric denim prints are all the rage. Slip on a brightly colored pair with sandals and a plain tee for a casual look, or dress ’em up with a blazer and wedges in the evenings.
Think shopping for demin prints is more for daughters than for moms? Actually, anyone can wear printed denim; it’s what you pair with the pants that makes the difference. To keep from “overdoing” your printed denim look, avoid too many loud accessories that will distract from the integrity of your jeans (which are a statement all on their own!) Wear muted pieces so as not detract from your pants’ pizzaz. Check out these cool denim finds below.
From top left:
- AG Stevie Ankle Hearts; $188 at anthropologie.com
- Super Skinny Jeans in Cross Hatch Dot Print; $59.50 at loft.com
- Sanctuary Mohave Charmer Twill Jeans; $148 at piperlime.com
- 1969 Always Skinny Blue Floral Skimmer Jeans; $69.95 at gap.com
- Stella Printed Ankle Jean in Watercolor; $79.90 at express.com
- Mother The Looker Ankle Zip Skinny Jeans; $195 at piperlime.com