You don’t need to be at the beach to have a beach party. Just bring the beach to your backyard!
If you aren't lucky enough to live near the ocean, no worries, just use your imagination and create your own "backyard beach" for you and your kids to play in.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Paper beach ball lantern featured on Zakka Life
2. Party favor crab tags from The Birthday House’s shop in Etsy
3. Beach umbrella
4. Picnic plates from Martha Stewart
5. Shark piñata
6. Cupcakes from Painted Maypole
7. Party favors from Celebrate It!
8. Sandcastle cake from Family Fun
After seeing the sandcastle cake, how could you not want to have a beach party? With brightly colored beach balls, pails and shovels, and big umbrellas, any backyard will feel like the California coast. Missing sand? Fill up a plastic kids pool with play sand found at you local hardware store. The only thing you’ll be missing are those pesky seagulls.