Hot buttered rum is a drink that just screams holiday. There are many versions of this classic fall cocktail, and this one contains apple cider. A deep, dark rum accented by spiced butter, this drink is perfect to serve to the adults at your next soiree while the kiddos are drinking apple cider.
Hot Buttered Rum
A homemade drink sure to fill your guests from head to toe with holiday goodness.
- unsalted butter at room temperature: 1 stick
- packed light brown sugar: ½ cup
- ground cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
- ground nutmeg: ¼ teaspoon
- ground cloves: ⅛ teaspoon
- salt: 1 pinch
- spiced rum: ¾ cup
- apple cider: 2 cups
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Whisk and heat until hot.
Step 3: Pour into glasses and serve.
More Hot Beverages: