Heading to the farmers market? Here’s how to make a fabulous farmers market chopped salad using the season’s freshest produce—and the easiest of homemade vinaigrettes.
Farmers Market Chopped Salad
I like to whip up this fresh salad for a quick weeknight dinner.
- chopped green leaf lettuce: 2 cups
- chopped yellow squash: ¼ cup
- chopped cherry tomatoes: ¼ cup
- crumbled gorgonzola cheese: 2 tablespoons
- extra virgin olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- red wine vinegar: 2 teaspoons
- salt and pepper: to taste
- garlic powder: pinch
- onion powder: pinch
Step 1: Layer the lettuce, squash, cherry tomatoes, and gorgonzola cheese in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the lettuce mixture and toss well to combine.
More Salad Recipes: