Spring is here, and we're making quick, light, and filling dinners. This roasted cauliflower pasta recipe is packed with whole wheat spaghetti, garlicky cauliflower, fresh herbs, and toasted pine nuts—fuss free and delicious!
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Recipe
A healthy & quick dinner filled with hearty whole wheat pasta & roasted veggies.
- cauliflower: 1 large head, cut into florets
- olive oil: 2 tablespoons, plus more for drizzling
- leeks, thinly sliced: 1
- garlic cloves, minced: 3
- fresh thyme: 1 tablespoon
- dried oregano: 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice: from ½ lemon
- fresh parsley, finely chopped: ¼ cup
- tapenade: 1 heaping tablespoon
- pine nuts, toasted: ¼ cup
- whole wheat spaghetti: ½ pound
- pecorino cheese, shaved or grated: for topping
- salt + pepper: to taste
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your cauliflower into florets. Toss florets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Evenly spread the florets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for about 15--20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 2: In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the thinly sliced leeks and saute until soft about 7 minutes. Add the minced garlic, fresh thyme, and oregano, and saute for an additional 3 minutes. In the meantime cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Step 3: Add the roasted cauliflower to the pan along with the lemon juice, finely chopped parsley, and tapenade. Mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and mix into the cauliflower mixture. Serve the pasta in bowls, and top with an extra drizzle of olive oil, toasted pine nuts, and pecorino cheese.
More Vegetarian Pasta Recipes: