I love eating out but I don't love how expensive or unhealthy it can be at times. So, I like to make my favorite takeout meals at home like these Thai Turkey lettuce wraps. They are a great way to jazz up ground chicken and turkey. Feel free to swap in ground beef or chicken and turkey.
Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Your fam will gobble up these yummy & healthy no-carb wraps!
- canola oil: 2 tablespoons
- clove garlic: 1 large, minced
- red onion: ½ small, finely chopped
- ground turkey: 1 lb.
- sweet Thai chili sauce: 1/3 cup
- scallion: 1 large, thinly sliced
- romaine or butter lettuce: 8-10 leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- carrot: 1 small, thinly sliced
- cilantro: ¼ cup, finely chopped (optional)
Step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet lover medium heat.
Step 2: Cook garlic and onions until they begin to soften.
Step 3: Add in ground turkey. Using a wood spoon, break up turkey. Cook until it's no loner pink and is fully cooked through, about 8--10 minutes.
Step 4: Stir in sweet Thai sauce and scallions.
Step 5: Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves topped with carrots and cilantro.
More Dinner Recipes: