Looking for brighter and healthier wintry recipes? In this salad recipe, olive-oil-toasted bread chunks, roasted sweet potato, and other seasonal veggies are tossed together with a tangy vinaigrette. This winter panzanella salad recipe is perfect for a light weeknight meal or a green side dish.
Winter Panzanella Recipe
Let this fresh, crisp salad brighten up a wintry day.
- olive oil: 2 tablespoons, divided + ¼ cup for dressing
- sweet potato, peeled and cubed: 1 medium
- bread slices, thickly sliced: 4
- purple butter lettuce: 5 cups
- Asian pear, thinly sliced: 1
- red onion, thinly sliced: 1 small
- pomegranate seeds: ¼ cup
- balsamic vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- smooth dijon mustard: 1 teaspoon
- salt + pepper: to taste
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cube sweet potato into 1½ inch chunks. Toss with one tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for about 20 minutes.
Step 2: In a non stick pan, heat olive oil. Toast thick bread slices until golden brown on each side. Once the slices have cooled, chop into 1 inch pieces.
Step 3: Thinly slice Asian pear. Toss with butter lettuce, red onion, and pomegrante seeds in a large bowl. Add warm sweet potato chunks and toasted bread croutons.
Step 4: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss salad with the prepared vinaigrette and enjoy!
More Salad Recipes: