- cake mix and accompanying ingredients needed to make 24 cupcakes
- 4 cups white decorator icing
- pink food coloring
- 48 pink cupcake wrappers
- pastry bag
- Wilton #1M or another large star decorating tip
- Mother’s Day cupcake toppers
Step 1: Preheat your oven according to your cupcake package or recipe directions. Make the cupcake batter according to package directions.
Step 2: Prepare cupcake pans with 24 cupcake wrappers.
Step 3: Pour batter into the pink cupcake wrappers, filling each one about ¾ths full. Bake the cupcakes according to the package or recipe directions.
Step 4: Set the cupcakes aside to cool completely, while they’re cooling drop them into a second cupcake wrapper for better presentation.
Step 5: Color the icing with a drop or two of pink food coloring and mix thoroughly unti lthe icing is the desired color.
Step 6: Attach the Wilton #1M (or similar) decorating tip to a pastry bag, and fill it about 2/3 full with the pink icing.
Step 7: To ice each cupcake, position the tip toward the outside of the cupcake, squeeze the pastry bag and work in a circular motion, starting from the outside and moving inward.
Step 8: Insert a finished Mother’s Day cupcake topper into the center of each cupcake.
Want more Mother's Day brunch ideas?
- Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
- Orange Ginger Cream Scones Recipe
- Mushroom Goat Cheese Frittata Recipe
- Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Apricot Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 8 Mother's Day Brunch Ideas
- M-O-M Mother's Day Cupcakes
Find more from Linette Gerlach at The Kid's Fun Review.