A while ago a reader of mine sent me this awesome grilled chicken recipe and we can’t get enough of it. It is super simple to make and always tastes perfect. Many times I’ve doubled or tripled this recipe to make it to serve a crowd. Serve it up with a great couscous salad and corn on the cob and dinner is ready!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons, halved and juiced (save juice and rind)
- 6 cloves of garlic smashed
- 6 whole sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Pierce breasts several times with fork tines. Drop chicken into a Ziploc bag.
2. In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and spices. Pour on top of chicken and squish chicken around in the Ziploc to make sure chicken is fully coated.
3. Add lemon halves, garlic cloves and rosemary springs to the bag. Squeeze air out and seal. Squish chicken around in all ingredients again to make sure everything is evenly distributed. Marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
4. Heat grill and cook chicken over a medium flame for 7-8 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.