Check your pantry: you’ll need banana, marshmallow and peanut butter. Oh yea, sugar and butter, too. Why are we pulling out the big guns? Only to make the best cupcakes ever, is all!
Don’t be fooled by the look of these tasty morsels. They are, in fact, super easy to put together. (Note: you will need a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip.) You make a simple banana cupcake, use a pastry bag to fill it with marshmallow crème and ice it with this one-step peanut butter frosting.
Think I’m making it sound too easy? All you need to know is that my son’s birthday is on January 5. That means that I get through Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas (yup, we celebrate both!) and New Year's only to find that I have to throw another celebration at the end of the first week in January. You know, when everyone else is finally breathing a sigh of relief.
Now believe me that these are easy?!
Get the recipe for my marshmallow crème centered banana cupcakes (and check out my other tips for turning the stress dial down during kiddo’s birthday week) and ice them with this one-step peanut butter frosting. That’s all it takes to get in the Banana Fluffernutter Cupcake business. A business that even this tired mama pulled off on January 5th!
One-Step Peanut Butter Frosting
(for Banana Fluffernutter Cupcakes)
makes enough frosting for 1 dozen cupcakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or to a large bowl safe to use with an electric mixer. Mix until well combined, soft and creamy—perfect for spreading.