One of my favorite dishes to make for weeknight dinners during the winter is soup.
It’s fast, healthy and delicious.
A few years ago, I was staring into my fridge wondering what to make for dinner. I pulled out various ingredients and threw them into a large pot. The final product was a delicious soup that is full of flavor. My Chicken, Tortellini & Spinach Soup is fast, easy and absolutely delicious. Every mom needs a quick, go-to weeknight soup recipe! This soup pairs nicely with a Pinot Noir wine, specifically, Mark West Pinot Noir.
CHICKEN, TORTELLINI, & SPINACH SOUP
- 1 quart (box)+ 1 can of chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. package of fresh cheese or spinach tortellini
- 2-3 cups rotisserie chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto (I use the Trader Joe’s brand.)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Combine chicken stock, tomatoes, tortellini, chicken, and spinach in a large pot.
2. Cook on high, brining to a boil to reduce spinach down. Add pesto and mix well.
3. Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt/pepper to taste.
5. Serve in bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.
Eat and enjoy with a glass of Pinot Noir!