I love Caprese salads any way I can get them in the summer.
Sometimes I toss the traditional ingredients with pasta to make a terrific salad, sometimes I place everything on a baguette for a sandwich, and other times I just add extra pepper and serve it as is. It seems like such a small twist, but it definitely makes a huge difference in flavor. I find it helps the salad hold up well against the flavor of grilled summer foods which already have a strong taste from the charcoal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup small mozzarella balls
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
1. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, pepper and salt.
2. Arrange the basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella on a plate and drizzle the olive oil dressing over the top. Serve!