Fresh garden green beans are one of those vegetables that just don’t seem to get the attention they deserve.
If you’ve ever tasted a fresh from the garden green bean, you know that canned green beans can’t even hold a candle to the freshness and flavors of fresh. This lovely Green Bean Salad gives fresh green beans their moment to shine.
Take this to your next cookout and serve it up to your guests. Remind them, through the power of fresh veggies, how good fresh from the garden vegetables can be!
Recipe: Eat Your Veggies Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into pieces the same size as the green beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Steam green beans for 6 minutes.
2. Toss green beans in bowl with onion, cucumber, tomatoes.
3. Top with the juice from one lemon, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Toss well and serve!