The other day, a group of friends just dropped by. It was close to dinnertime and my husband said, “we’re getting ready to have dinner…why don’t you all stay and eat with us?”
I love my husband and I enjoy having people over, but I was not at all prepared to have dinner guests. We had steak on the grill and plenty of other food, but I didn’t have anything for dessert. As I was scouring my pantry and fridge, I remembered one of the easiest things I love to make… Caramelized Pineapple Dessert. I happened to have a fresh pineapple and brown sugar, so I was good to go.
Caramelized Pineapple Dessert requires only 2 ingredients – fresh pineapple and brown sugar. With just 10-15 minutes under the broiler, you can have a dessert on the table that is delicious and impressive… especially great for those unexpected dinner guests!
- 1 Whole pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1. Slice the leaves and bottom end off of the pineapple. Cut the pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a sharp, serrated knife. Slice each circle into 4 wedges. Set wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar over each pineapple wedge.
2. Place in preheated oven directly under the broiler.
3. Broil for 10 minutes. Turn each slice over and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until pineapple is tender and golden brown.
4. For added elegance, serve with a scoop of ice cream of vanilla yogurt.