Bring on summer! With Cinco de Mayo around the corner I am in the mood for some delicious guacamole. On days like that I love a delicious, quick and easy guacamole that I can whip up during napime or any time of day.
This creamy green dip is perfect for party guests and is especially festive when served in a tortilla chip bowl! My friend Mimi gave me this delicious recipe and it never fails, everyone loves it!
- 3 medium ripe Haas avocados
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- ½ fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Juice of one lime
1. Peel and scoop avocados into a large bowl. Mash with a fork and immediately add lime juice. Keep one avocado pit, set aside for later.
2. To the avocados add the tomato, onion, cilantro, sour cream, jalapeno and salt. Mix together and taste ingredients for saltiness. If it needs more salt add a dash or two and taste again.
3. Serve with fresh tortilla chips. If you make the guacamole ahead, nestle the saved pit in the dip to prevent the avocado from turning black. Cover dip tightly with plastic and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.