Fast and easy winter dinner solution for busy moms or just perfect for any party you might be having, where you need a "crowd pleaser" that will appeal to both kids and adults.
- 1 lb. of cooked turkey (use leftovers)
- 1- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes.
- 2- 15 oz. cans black beans
- 16 oz. (2 cups) broth, turkey, chicken or vegetable
- 1 pkg. frozen corn, organic
- 2 Tbsps Olive oil
- 1 medium onion (approxe 1/2 cup minced)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oregano flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Jalapeno pepper, minced, no seeds
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 small bag mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Dash chili powder
Top each serving with a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese and a sprinkling of chili powder for presentation.
COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4-6, depending on ages of children
You will need a 4-6 QT. saucepan with lid, wooden spoon, measuring cups, cutting board, strainer.
Saute’ on low heat: olive oil, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, chili powder, jalapeno and tomatoes for a couple of minutes. Add in the turkey, corn, black beans and tomatoes . Simmer on low, with the lid on it thickens for about 10 -15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
6 Nature-made COLORS: white, tan, black, red, green, yellow
7 Food GROUPS: poultry, EFAs (essential fatty acids), legumes, herbs/spices, vegetables, dairy, fruit
PERFORMANCE RATING: 6/7