The great thing about these, is that they are so simple to prepare ahead of time. Make the salt mixture whenever you want to keep it in the fridge. In fact, the salt mixture can be used for seasoning any number of foods, so have fun experimenting with using it.
- 2 large sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425. In mini-chopper pulse the sage, rosemary and thyme until finely chopped. Add lemon zest and pulse some more. Add salt and pulse until whole mixture is finally ground.
2. Wash potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a large glass bowl and toss with olive oil and butter. Then season generously with pepper. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 25 minutes.
3. At the 25 minute mark, take the pan out of the oven and, very carefully, season the potatoes generously with herb salt. Toss well and continue roasting for 8-10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.