I even had a neighbor that used the powder from a box of Mac-n-Cheese to season them…anything goes. My son made these for me, he is ten. I handled the oven part, but the rest, including the photos was all him.
- 1 to 2 cups of fresh clean pumpkin seeds. Make sure they are dry before roasting.
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt per cup of pumpkin seeds
- Seasoning of choice: I used The Spice Hunter’s Pasta seasoning & Roasted Garlic. I also like Mild Curry Powder Blend or Cinnamon mixed with light brown sugar. Use about 2 Tablespoons of seasoning per cup of seeds.
1. Mix well and pour onto a clean, lined cookie sheet; lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Smooth out into one even layer.
2. Roast in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until desired doneness.
3. Let cool slightly then transfer into a serving dish.
4. Season with salt to taste.
These are crunchy, satisfying and healthy. Kids love them and adults love them too. For a Halloween party make several flavors and put them in assorted dishes