Some of today’s hottest actors and actresses are surprisingly at the top of Forbes’ Most Overpaid Actors List!
Despite the million dollar paychecks in the double digits, big name celebrities are often involved in movies that don’t do well for a number of reasons. Today Forbes released their annual list of the Most Overpaid Actors and you’ll be shocked by some of the names on the list!
Forbes explains how they come up with the figures for the list, “To compile our list, we used data on actors’ earnings gathered for our Celebrity 100 list. Box office grosses and budget estimates are from Box Office Mojo. We looked at the last three films each actor starred in over the last three years that opened in more than 2,000 theaters, calculating the return on investment for the studios who pay his (or her) salary.”
So, who isn’t bringing in the bang for the studio’s buck? Take a look!
1. Eddie Murphy – Returns $2.30 for every $1 paid.
2. Katherine Heigl – Returns $3.40 for every $1 paid.
3. Reese Witherspoon – Returns $3.90 for every $1 paid.
4. Sandra Bullock – Returns $5 for every $1 paid.
5. Jack Black – Returns $5.20 for every $1 paid.
6. Nicolas Cage – Returns $6 for every $1 paid
7. Adam Sandler – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid.
8. Denzel Washington – Returns $6.30 for every $1 paid.
9. Ben Stiller – Returns $6.50 for every $1 paid.
10. Sarah Jessica Parker – Returns $7 for every $1 paid.