Bringing in a simple splash of color to the serving table is all that’s needed to usher in the feel of spring. These oversized gingham trays are budget-friendly and offer up a double dose of cute for your special day with family.
- Tray of any size/shape (I bought mine at the dollar store)
- Fabric remnant
- Mod Podge
- Foam paintbrush
1. Place the tray face down on the fabric and cut around leaving about a 2 inch edge
2. Apply a generous amount of mod podge to the entire front of the tray, including the edges
3. Centering the fabric on the tray, smooth the fabric down, making sure the fabric is flat.
4. Press around all the edges, smoothing out all the gaps. Let dry
5. Flip tray over and trim the edges of the fabric down to about an inch
6. Apply mod podge all the way around the back edge of the tray.
7. Press the edges of the fabric down onto the mod podge to set. Brush more pod podge onto the fabric to secure it all down on the back. Let completely dry.
8. Once dry, turn back over and apply mod podge on the entire front of the tray.
9. Fill muffin cups with your favorite Easter confection and serve to your guests!